lördag 12 april 2014

Trip to Chongqing: Day 0 - Lost in Transfernation

Writing about airport travel isn't something I usually do, but I had to write something about transfer airports. With this I don't mean a certain number of airports but the character of the airport you visit between flights.
During the last few years, be it USA, Ethiopia, Finland or Japan, I have experienced the same peculiar feeling when walking down the corridors of a foreign airport. It could have in part to do with that the international sections seems to be getting more similar to each other but I am sure it relates to the traveling part.
Its basic cause must be elation due to getting off a potentially long trip, and getting one step closer to home. But there is more. The airport inhabitant's flittering presence, on their way with luggage in their wake or nonchalantly strolling with sunglasses and their best I'm-so-interntaional-behavior, is also an important ingredient. I find myself calm and almost spiritual at times. Very seldom truly bored.
And the quality of visit is getting better. More and more airports are getting free wifi (thx Helsinki where I am writing this). Airport food is still expensive (Arlanda, I am looking at you) but I usually only restock the water bottle the (in this case) ridiculous passport control robs me of.
If now the racks of AC outlets would actually be letting out some current all would be perfect. Well. The leather chairs are still very comfortable. Lets catch some holy sleep and wait for the final (long) flight to Chongqing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar