torsdag 16 januari 2014

Kpop: AOA - Miniskirt (짧은 치마)






AoA (or Ace of Angels) did one of my favorite kpop songs of 2013 with their "Confused", where they like many other kpop groups this last year began moving into more overt sexualized terrain. This is continued in "Miniskirt", which will probably be remembered as "the zipper song" as they use it to show of the upper reaches of their legs in a way similar to the recent Girl's Day video "Something". While I think that video actually pulled of the sexy look, I find myself being a little unconfortable with Miniskirt. There is nothing inherently wrong with using this kind of "styling", but as with all other choices of looks it should be done well. My view is that AoA in this video veers into tacky, leaving us with a song that is, if not as good as Confused, best played on audio only. Also, is that pussycat at the end an intentional joke or what?...



















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar