torsdag 26 december 2013

Trip to Sapporo: Day 3 - Getting creative

(Click here for first dayyesterday or for all trips)


One thing that I had to bring on my holiday was my Fujifilm Instax Mini 25 camera. It is a camera that does those retro-style polaroid photographs, i.e. when you take a photo you directly get a developed photo on film coming out of the camera (well, it takes 3-5 minutes for the image to become visible). It is great fun and a real ice-breaker. At home I have a wall where I stick photographs of guests I have had; my children, friends, etc. It creates a really neat timeline and there is something very charming with the amateurish style.
Sp, what I did today was to by a board to stick the photographs on, so now I will just keep on taking pictures of people in the house and it will hopefully be a kind of fun memory. People necessarily don't stay more that long at BUIE Gakuen, so this kind of thing can work as a kind historical record of its previous residents too.
I was lucky to stumble on Sapporo's own Tokyu Hands, which is a kind of big arts and crafts store, but it really got all kinds of stuff for the home.

At the train station there was this manga/otaku store, so I just had to check it out for a while.


Among other stuff, I found this instructive book on how a girl should properly use an axe when attacking. This seems like it should be on the regular school curriculum, eh?...

Of course, in the land of homemade bento, there is plenty of kitchen stuff for preparing those.



Nice wooden clocks with moving parts.

Expensive leather wallets made in Japan.

(Click her for the next day)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar