onsdag 25 december 2013

Trip to Sapporo: Day 2 - Sapporo Factory

(Click here for yesterday or for all trips)
Sapporo Factory consists of several interconnected buildings working as a typical modern day shopping centre with all the complemetary features like a cinema arcade, a restaurant plaza with a garden and entertainment scene, and so on. The whole area used to be the place for the Sapporo Beer production, and this was actually the first place in Japan where beer was brewed, starting in 1876 - though it is rather natural as Hokkaido is the place to grow wheat in Japan.

I slept in today, and then went shopping and also visited the Art Aquarium exhibition, which consisted of lots of fish in aquarium with special lightning effects.




Caramelized popcorns - yummy!


Puppys and kittens for sale.





And a mouse...

Snowshoes of all styles and looking rather flashier than the old style ones I remember having seen back in Sweden sometime when I was young.

 Oh, I think I'm in love and this is the object of my affection. An extremely chic and cool sofa from Francfranc.

And they also had this.

And this.

This actually almost made me get a tear in my eye - newly produced future with a 50s style. In Sweden we only find these in second hand stores. Impressive.

Santa Claus climbing the old Beer Factory Smokestack. Too much Beer? ;-)

Glas art.



Eh…a little strange children clothes. Chotto.

Gaming arcade

ANd the Fish Aquarium exhibition is turned into a disco during the evenings, I believe.








(Click here for the next day)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar