tisdag 6 augusti 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 19 - Rain over Harajuku

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
Today I left Sapporo and took a 1,5h flight down with LCC (Low Cost Carrier) AirAsia to Tokyo, which greeted me with mild rains and humid warmth. My sister had arrived earlier and met up with me at Harajuku station, maybe THE area of Tokyo street fashion. That's why I did a victory dance when she told me she had booked our small apartment here (through airbnb), just 1 minute from the most known street, Omotesando. I took her to the second hand stores I liked last time here (and others with gothic lolita themes and more) but we also found several new favorites. We also went to a five story toy store, Kiddy Land, which was a lot of fun.

At Nippori station: these really need a paintjob, but it was quite picturesque.

Heres my sister posing in front of the Meiji temple.


Japanese loves their candy. This store, "candy SHOW TIME", had an open view of the making of their candy.



Actually my first time ever at Starbucks. Quite OK tea.

Gothic playthings


The Mumintrolls are really popular here in Japan right now.

I know a few persons liking this little bugger. ^_^

These we call "Hattifnattar" and "Snusmumriken" in Sweden.

Building models based on paper tubes, quite nice and inventive

And out of wood.

 Build your own pen.

I loved these ones, inside the qute bag is a simple plastic folder that got all kinds of these buggers on it, which will help me smile every day.

Malin loved some of theses trunks very much.
(Click here for the next day)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar