måndag 5 augusti 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 18 - I will miss you, Sapporo! (また会いましょう)

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
Last day in Sapporo meant a lot of farewells. Staying at Buie Gakuen has meant so much for me, and I have people and friends there, some who I actually think may last for a long time (I hope) even if we are separated physically. I know I am emotionally at a stage in my life where to be careful about these things, but still my impression of Sapporo as a whole is of a big city with a soft heart. It doesn't feel like a city you disappears in, instead it welcomes you. All my contacts with museum curators, professors, strangers and others has all started and ended in very positive tones. I know this is only scraping on the surface of a much more mixed bag of truths, but still, I will treasure its memory.

 Curry food is actually very popular in Hokkaido right now. This was a super delicious SoupCurry that Kenji-san treated me with at his favorite restaurant. The base tasted excellent but also all the vegetables and meat was so varied and nice. Mushrooms, egg, carrot,zucchini(?),chicken,...

And in the evening it was BBQ on the roof. Here you see Kyokushin Karate Master Francois (sorry, soo bad spelling) taking on Judo Sensei Ayaka in a fight to the death. Just kidding! But it was this kind of informal evening when everyone joined up and brought meat, potatoes, drink, and shared it together.  There was soccer (my team won, yay) and very hentai japanese words explained in explicit detail (I think, I didn't understand anything...).
Aw, this I will really miss. So, I am not saying sayonara, instead:また会いましょう. ^_^

(Click here for the next day)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar