söndag 4 augusti 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 15 - Baseball at Sapporo Dome

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
The big happening today was that, after a day of me covering inside from the sun and doing some lazy work, I went to see the home team Nippon Ham take on Rakuten from Sendai. After winning the Pacific Legue last year, Nippon Ham sadly holds the bottom place of the same League at the moment, with Rakuten at the top.
I am actually not any good at the finer details of baseball, and the sport is almost non-existent as an exerted sport there, but after seeing my first game ever in San Diego last year (the Padres won that first match), I really loved the whole setting and crowd, and afterwards it was the most memorable experience from that trip I think. With that in mind, I was wondering how the Japanese play baseball. Does going to a Japanese game differ from the "homeland" of baseball as much as say Japanese soccer differs from European?

 Following everyone else out from the subway, you can't miss were to go when there is a big event like a baseball match.

The big Sapporo Dome, shaped a little like an egg, is said to be even bigger than Tokyo Dome




The pitch is not real grass, I noticed. I think the one in San Diego was real grass. Must make some of the play different.


And the game is on!

Let's hope Nippon Ham wins!


The dedicated supporter section. This was the great improvement from the American game, as every time the home team was batting, they lead the home public in singing and chanting quite engaging songs. I added my voice to it and had a great time actually, you really got the idea easily without understanding the language. 




Enthusiastic entertainment from cheerleading girls and the mascots B&B



Anyone wants to buy a beer?

 The first five innings the Fighters actually had the upper hand, but then in the 6th the Eagles showed why they lead the Pacific league and took over the game, Nippon Hamm fighting a loosing battle without giving up.

 OK, everyone, get your balloons ready!

Aaaand,...release! Another superfun event.

Awww, come on! Ganbatte!

Nope. 1 - 4 loss. But it was only the last 2 points that decided it.

Time to go home. Thank you Nippon Ham Fighters, I had a great time. Arigatou Gouzaimasu.
(Click here for the next day)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar