lördag 27 juli 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 9 - Sapporo Saturday

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
After checking out my gear (which was working as it should, but you never know), I took a break and went to Mount Maruyama (close to the Nijuuhatchoume station on the orange Touzai line). I was going to climb the mountain, but what happened was that at the temple, which was an excellent example if you want to visit one, was that they nearby had a market for kitchenware in mostly porcelain. The prices, for me at least, looked extremely good so I ended up buying 8 cups, 8 plates and 3 medium sized bowls for the same price as you may get two or three of them in Sweden. Now I just have to find place for them in my backpack, sigh...so I will do the mountain trekking next week most probably. After some more work at home I thought I would seek out a flea market that I thought would be at Nakajima park but after a 35 minute walk there proved to not be one this day at least. Instead I found a concert hall, Kitara Hall, and so I bought a ticket for tomorrow afternoon for 1000 yen (66 SEK/11 USD), ie the same as a cinema ticket, not bad at all.
After that I went one station towards Odori and visited the covered shopping arcade called Tanukikoji but I was a little too tired to find anything worthwhile, but still noticed several second hand stores, so I will have to check them out later.
In the evening I decided to cook something of my own and did one of the simplest and best recipes I know, called "Rårakor".
You grate a number of potatoes, the same number of onions, and add the same number of eggs (for example 4 potatoes, 4 onions and 4 eggs) and then salt and pepper. Mix (I usually press out the juice from the onions first) the ingredients and fry thin omelets. Then tear a couple of spoons of leeks or turnips or any other onion and add them and some tabasco (or such) to say half a liter of cottage cheese and mix. Ready to eat.



Very enthusiastic morning tv




Subway station map close to Mount Matuyama (green area to the left. North is to the right)









Bow at the entrance.

Give some coins and pray

Wishes



Wash your hands at the start


Look! 200 yen each only (13 SEK/2 USD)

And you could even find stuff for 100 yen each



Tracks starts just near here







Pastrami Burger Sandwich, quite nice.



Had to try this classic candied apple. ^_^













Tanukikoji shopping arcade


Real Monkey sells second hand clothes




Frying Rårakor.


(Click here for the next day)

1 kommentar:

  1. Väl shoppat :D Roligt att du lägger upp så många bilder.

    SvaraRadera