fredag 26 juli 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 8 - Clocks and Horses

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
Planning a trip six months ahead is hard, so playing with margins I ended up with booking 10 days in Sapporo. Having struck a gold mine by getting the assistance of Professor Mark Hudson in finding help locally and him fixing contacts with the museums, doing paperwork and so on, I now suddenly have a very clear plan with some time for extra preparations and postdata-handling which means that I have time for playing the tourist also. First day in Sapporo, I decided to go and get my tickets for my trip to Tokyo next sunday, to have that out of the way. Which is a good thing, because it actually took me almost 2,5 hours of walking and asking around before in the end getting a phone number to call and then do the rest on the day of departure...
what I am doing is buying a package called "Pacific Story" that gets me by bus to Tomakomai on the southern end of Hokkaido, then an 20 hour overnight trip with a sleeping bunk arriving close to Tokuo at Oarai, and finally a bus transfer into Tokyo station in the evening. This is high season, so the price is 15900 yen (1060 SEK/150 USD) but still much cheaper than the alternatives.
After that I went to the local Apple store to get a power adapter for my work computer, which I really has no use for otherwise, but do have to have now. I also photographed the Sapporo Clock Tower which is a classic local attraction



































After going home for a short midday rest, I went back downtown to visit Sapporo Factory which is teh old local beer factory which has been converted to a large four building interconnected multi-store building. I found some really nice presents for christmas and birthdays, and watched the average "Fast and Furios 6" before returning home.

(Click here for the next day)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar