söndag 28 juli 2013

Trip to Korea and Japan: Day 10 - Classical Classical Sapporo

(Click here for first day, yesterday and all trips)
Sunday was a rather quiet day for me, it rained a lot and I wanted to rest a little as tomorrow I will start my excursions and data collection. Still, I went to Kitara Hall in Nakajima Park and listened to HBC Junior Orchestra playing a whole batch of classical music.  For an amateur of such music, it sounded like the real deal even if the ones performing would be teenagers only. They played a lot of classics that you recognize like the Nutcracker's suite, so it was really good value for 1000 yen (65 SEK/10 USD) only in this impressive concert hall.
When I was queueing something special happened. Two young ladies from the ticket both came and asked me if I was Mikael Jonsson, as I seemed to be the only westerner among say 400 japanese, they wouldn't have a hard time finding me, I guess. ^_^ Evidently I had paid to much yesterday and they wanted to repay me. Very nicely done, and I even got a small present as an excuse.

One of the guys living at my place works as a cook at a place that got three (!) Micheling stars, and this morning he treated us with something best described as a bouillebas with rice. Pretty nice...


Queueing for the concert






(Click here for the next day)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Spännande med Onsen. Och så himla roligt att få kontakt med lokalt folk! Du får berätta mer sen :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. SJälvklart! ;-) Det var en spännande upplevelse.

    SvaraRadera