måndag 24 juni 2013

Kpop: Girl's Day - Female President (여자대통령)

If you didn't know it, Korea elected their first female president ever last December, Park Geun-hye (which btw I had no problems missing as I happened to be in Seoul at that time...). Girl's Day haven't missed it anyways, as their new song "Female President" obviously takes its cue from this to advance female empowerment in relations. Go grllls, they say! From the video, which is not bad at all, well its quite nice actually, one could make a lot of ironic observations about double messages, but hey, its kpop we are talking about. I would rather compare it to their song from earlier this year, Expect, which was my favorite song the first quarter of 2013. The video of F.P. does a good job to reach Expects standards, but Expects lyrics and their braces dance is really on another level (again: I loooove you LOEN for providing lyrics to your videos!). It isn't that F.P. is bad, because it isn't, its just that Expect is a classic. F.P. is clearly worth watching a number of times, but I don't honestly don't think it will grace my Samsung S4 playlists that much. Still, nicely done again, Girl's Day!





















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar